My son said today that he was going to get a cane when he got old - like 40. I'm not too far from 40, but my husband is closer so I said "What? Daddy's almost 40 and he doesn't need a cane!" To which he replied, okay when I'm really old like 50!
Age is just a number, I truly believe that it's all in how old you feel! Mentally I'm in my mid twenties. My parents will never age past 55 in my mind and my sister will always be 30. Don't ask me why, but that's where I froze everyone in time.
The other side to age is that when we're young like elementary school through high school we can't wait for our birthdays. Just can't wait to turn another year older and become an adult. My kids start asking about their next birthday the day after their birthday each year. It drives me nuts! Of course, turning 10 is huge-the whole double digits begins. 16 is momentus with the driver's license, closely followed by 18 - officially an adult, and the big one 21-leagal drinking age! Somewhere around 26 when we hit our "late 20's" birthdays become less fun for most people. Me, I'm going to start taking my kids' view and really look forward to celebrating each year of my life and making the most of each birth day.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment